Fusion Design Consultants, Inc. is a seasoned, successful commercial interior design firm. We are located in Boston’s Innovation District -- a short walk from South Station.
Fusion Design Consultants is a positive, collaborative creative organization that thrives in a fast-paced environment. We are committed to designing exceptional workplaces that both improve the lives of ever-changing workforces and contribute to our client’s business success. We strive to provide inspirational design and experiences with each project for each client.
Fusion offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance, dental insurance, vision, life, short and long-term disability, matching 401(k) plan and professional development reimbursement.
We are currently seeking an experienced and accomplished Creative Services Director to manage and lead our Creative Services team.
Creative Department-Team Leadership & Management
- Recruit, direct, support, develop, hold accountable, and retain FDC “great fit” Designers that 1) understand and are committed to Company Values, 2) understand their role and the results they are accountable for and have passion and desire to perform and achieve them, and 3) have all the expertise, ability, experience, work ethic, attitude to perform and achieve, consistently meeting or exceeding both client and Company expectations
- Develop and implement specialized design, methodology, and systems that ensure(s) each Designer efficiently, effectively, and consistently provides services and work product that meets or exceeds client, Company, and industry standards of excellence
- Develop and/or execute a performance management process that establishes, communicates, and ensures each Designer achieves their expected results
- Identify Professional Develop needs and opportunities for improvement for each Designer and develop and execute plans to increase and improve their expertise, skills, and ultimately performance and contribution.
- Develop organizational structure for enables Design to meet/exceed client needs, contribute to competitive advantage, provide advancement and growth opportunities for each employee, and increase employee retention.
- Fusion Core Business Process(es) (Design, Project Management, QC/QA, Production)
- Performance Management
- Recruiting (sourcing “great fit” candidates, qualifying, onboarding)
- Project Development & Accounting
- Thrilled, exceptionally loyal, evangelistic clients (at or exceeding expectations for on time, on spec, on budget project work-process, and deliverables)
- At or above revenue generation (realized or billable hours), and project profitability goals
- Informed, equipped, empowered, committed, qualified, highly productive team – low attrition/high retention
- Professional development and advancement of Designers, succession plan, and redundancy within team
Process(es) Owned or Expertly Knowledgeable
- Determine and know staffing current and future staffing needs based on business plans and results factors.
- Develop sources and relationships with sources of “great fit” Designer candidates
- Develop and execute qualifying and onboarding processes including screening, interviewing, portfolio evaluation, proof-of-concept testing as part of the qualifying process if appropriate, appropriate compensation including performance or contribution-based pay,
- Develop relationships with key strategic stakeholders necessary to achieve Company success, including potential clients, partners and allies, employee sources, influencers.
- Be an effective Brand Ambassador-Evangelist
- Become a well-recognized and respected thought leader, adding valuable expertise to the target market and enhancing the Company’s reputation as a market-leader.
- Contribute to proposal and pitch design, production, and presentations to prospects and clients.
- Business Development (Prospecting, Lead Development including client and project qualifying, closing, client retention)
- Partnership, alliance development
- Relationship and opportunity development and management (using Ajera)
- Establish, reinforce and extend Fusion’s brand in all relevant market and industry space
- Increased client acquisition and retention
Requirements & Qualifications
- Successful tenure(s) with Commercia Architectural and/or Interior Design firms managing their Creative-Client Services
- Design, Production, and Project Management
- Project development and management including scope, budget, pricing, staffing, scheduling, and independent contractor management.
- Expertise of Deltek’s Ajera ERP software.
- Expertise and successful experience with employee performance management and professional development.
- Proficiency with the following technology:
- Windows 10
- Autodesk software, specifically Revit.
- Blue Beam Revu
- Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Microsoft 365